Tuesday, July 22, 2014

ZAO'AN WODE PENGYOUMEN!

So the MTC just gets better and better. I have had salad wraps for lunch and dinner for the past 5 consecutive days. so yes that is 10 wraps in a row with the exact same ingredients. veggies and veggies. too many kids have been getting sick off the meat lately. and the OJ which is a good story coming up haha.

As the days get monotonous its hard to have experiences that really stick out. So I'll just cover some of the more eventful moments of yesterday.

You are in the same classroom 10 hours everyday. it's about the same size if not smaller than my cabin bedroom. Surprising as it is, those white brick walls don't get any better to stare at. So when elder vaughn got really restless yesterday during study time I took him on a couple laps through the building and found a lot of decorations in the other rooms that arent even being used right now! so i definitely nabbed a huge Taiwanese flag and a couple pictures of Christ and apostles and such to hang up around our room. Also my dream catcher you sent is now hanging by the window so we don't have bad dreams while dozing off in class hahah. Call it stealing if you will, but I see it as if these things arent being put to good use then they might as well be borrowed permanently by me. And those incoming mandarin missionaries wont even know those decorations were originally in their rooms before they came in right? Also no one has really seemed to notice... So i'm pretty sure no one cares. or just that they havent put the two and two together that i'm a little thief!! bahahaha if someone says something or makes a scene perhaps I'll consider returning our BadA decor.

We discovered the OJ here explodes. Dump a little out, spit in it, screw the cap tight and let it ferment for a few days then BOOOOM! I literally thought the TV fell off the wall. So the MTC serves us liquid bombs and I'm pretty sure they have no idea! There will definitely be some funny pranks to come out of this chance discovery.

There are these two elders that are going to the same mission as vaughn that are from shanghai and taichung. they look hilarious together. Jinzhanglao (same name as mine) from shanghai is almost 7 foot and probably 270 lbs. Hsuzhanglao from taichung is maybe 4 foot and 80 lbs. both chinese. They crack me up hard core and i love talking to them because they only speak mandarin and i only speak english. the language barrier is real and friggin hilarious.

I found these two sisters from Australia, one going to poland and not sure on the other. finally I found some people i can drop a few hells and dammits around and it means nothing!! they have different swear words so those are actually church accepted words down under. like common words in talks and testimonies!! so i know where I'm moving to after my mission bahahaha maybe only then i wouldnt get into so much trouble for my vernacular around these parts! they also taught me the aussie chant that i cant get over. Aussie OY Aussie OY Aussie aussie aussie oy oy oy! its a crack up so i'll be randomly chanting that when I don't know what else to say.

It's been super nice having Elder parr in the same residence hall. When the tongban (comp) gets to be a little much to handle then i just pop up to the 3 floor and kick josh's trash in pig and whatnot and steal his dorritos haha.

SOO here is my only spiritual update. (I don't feel the need to bear you my testimony every time since you probably here enough every sunday..) Last night our devotional was given by TC Christensen who filmed 17 miracles and a couple other church movies. We watched a bunch of clips from 17 miracles and he just kept expressing his admiration and appreciation for them. at the end of the talk he asked all those with Martin or Willie handcart co. heritage to stand. since i have both companies on both sides of my lineage, I shot right up! His reverence for my ancestors, especially since he had no pioneer ancestors in his own lines, really touched me deep. I was really grateful for my namesake at that moment. Perhaps I was also slightly excited to show off to the whole congregation that my ancestors were bosses but really i was just struck deep that this guy held my heritage with such high regard while I had always complained that my name wasn't Sven. Thomas is a great name. Thank you mom and dad.

As for the updates on the district and zone, my zone is so rad once again. Elder Robinson, Huntsman, Johnson, Nixon, Elliot, we're all getting really tight. all from similar backgrounds although I'm pretty sure I'm the poor one of the group haha. All sooo smart and way ambitious for business in the upcoming years. We've all talked a lot about our future business partnerships. We'll all speak mandarin too. so basically we're going to run all those international markets together hah. I'm taking your advice dad. I'm meeting the right kind of kids and making the right kind of friends. I might sound shallow but remember the most important thing about all these kids is I actually love them all a ton first. second comes our common desires for business partnership. So we're all becoming genuine friends and I'm suuuuper stoked about it. The lord has blessed me tons in my calling it really was theee perfect one.

Anyways, hope all is well. I love all the letters and emails you are all so great! thank you for everything and all the packages. keep sending pics of the little animals Chris and Miss and soon Lisa also. you all make beautiful babies. the chips are fantastic and mangoes have been gone since the first night! youre all beautiful and may the lord bless your souls abundantly!! love you all!

Jin ZhangLao
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment