Monday, April 11, 2016

總會大會

This week of course was made big with Conference. It was a good last one for me as a missionary. Probably because it was all about families and marriage and that crap. Haha. It made me more excited for the future! So job well done I guess.

I love my mission and I love Taiwan. This is literally what every RM has always told me and it is very true, your mission land becomes your promise land. I find so much beauty in every where I go, everyone I talk to, and everything around me. Taiwan is the place man. The Chinese people are all amazing.

There were some funny things that happened this week. As we were pulling into our parking lot to the apartment building, there is that plastic guard bar that raises up for you. I have been here for a while, so I know to just ride around it and dodge it, but my poor companion Elder Zhu didn't and PLOWED right into it!! There was a super loud snap and I actually jumped, but when I saw him and saw he was ok, I busted up laughing watching him trying to pick the bar back up. It was bent so badly that the apartment manager just sawed it off. Elder Zhu stayed up on his bike with only minor bruises. Super funny!

The other was we were super rushed last friday night, we had a lesson at 4:30, a dinner at 5:00, then had to be to the train station by 5:50. It was coming down to it and Elder Davidson and I were booking it, except all the 3 minutes stoplights... then once at the station, we hopped off our bikes and sprinted like crazy!!! I made it all the way down to the platform and stood at the open doors for 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, the bell rang, I panicked because there was still no companion, then the doors shut and the train was in motion when finally my companion little legs appear coming down the stairs onto the wrong platform. Needless to say we didn't get where we needed to go. But everyone needs the typical mission experiences like this one right? haha

We played frisbee on the beach last week as a district. It was the first time I've played a sports game in so long. Very much looking forward to intramurals at college.

I loved Elder Renlund's talk perhaps the most. I have been so blessed. Blessed that I am here in Taiwan on my mission, blessed I can learn Chinese, blessed to have met so many lifelong friends as I have, blessed to have everyday experiences that are unreal, blessed to be alive... Yet amidst these blessings, I still sometimes think that I wish I had more or I think I deserve more for all the good things I'm doing or for my money I'm spending or time I'm using... the list goes one. I ought not to allow myself to have even the slightest sense of entitlement to anything. I have been blessed beyond measure, much more than I deserve. I was humbled.

Life is good. Love it.

Have a great week!!








No comments:

Post a Comment