Tuesday, December 23, 2014

ShengDanJie KuaiLe!

Merry Christmas!!!!

Don't have tons of time today, so I'll be short.

Last week we treated ourselves to some delicious barbeque, Asian style!! It was delicious! Some of the stuff we ate, in short included:

-Chicken heart
-venison
-ostrich
-tiny squids
-pig intestine
-chicken cartilege
-pregnant fish

I have this chicken's heart now

Asian style BBQ!

We have a stud investigator from Haiti here in Taiwan studying that is fluent in Haitian Creole, French, English, and Chinese. Everyone loves him.

My man Jimmy from Haiti!

We got taken to an all-you-can-eat Hotpot this week. It was literally to die for. But it was a LOT of food for me hahaha. The time came when we had to start winding down a bit and get ready to leave so then i start pounding all my food down super fast so we could leave but Brother Chen must have took it as I was super hungry because then he started putting everything on my plate and I was too sorry to waste any of it so that was the most full I have ever stuffed myself in my life. And then had to get on my bike to bike 10 miles in 14 minutes. So that was nuts hahaha.

Chen Family taking good care of us at Hotpot.  SO GOOD!!!!


This week was full of the most spiritual lessons of my life. I have met some really great people here. One lesson in particular, with one of our wonderful sister investigators. We were reading in Alma about prayer. And I asked her what she liked the most out of that. She points to the next verse that we did not read together and points out that she agreed with how it said that if you pray but do not be Christlike in your actions, then your prayer is in vain. That was one of my special mission moments. This woman has brought us missionaries food every week and bought us extra clothing every week for a month now. She is the most Christlike person I've ever met. It was a humbling moment because I realized I am not worthy to be teaching her. She is teaching me. And if one day I can be as Christlike as she is then I will be satisfied with my efforts. This has got to be God's work, because there's no way I could do it otherwise.

I love my mission.

And all of you.

Merry Christmas,




Best Thai of my life.  Hands down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment