Sunday, July 12, 2015

奇蹟

July 5, 2015

On my front of the battlefield this week, there have been some good things happening. People on the street are nice to us in the Danfeng area, much unlike my old Siyuan area. It is a bit of a relief to see some smiles and have some people interested in us every once in a while.

We ran into a recent member from Oregon on the street that had just been released from duty in Afghanistan. That was lots of fun talking with him about the war effort, something I haven't heard much about for a very long time. Talking to a white person not wearing a shirt and tie is also something that hasn't happened for a very long time..

White people are semi starting to scare me. Not that they are scary or threatening, but being so used to only seeing Asians makes me a little nervous around the "outsiders". Sometimes I forget who I am in all of this.

We have some awesome people we are working with here in Danfeng at the current moment. I think I forgot what it was like to have investigators there for a while in Siyuan.

President Jergensen officially took over the reigns from President Day this week. He seems very composed and he is the most caring man. I am very excited to work under him for the remaining year. The church has done a good job with choosing missions presidents in Taiwan for the past while.

However, the biggest thing for me this week was not the miracles that occurred on my half of the world, but back at home. I love my family. How lucky I am to be a Jensen/Ott. How lucky I am to have the parents I do. My mom is a survivor. I would not be able to go through her same pain and survive. She is more of a man than I'll ever be ;-) Much more tough than me. Thank you mother. I love you.

Heavenly Father is merciful. It is true that He won't give us more than we can bear. For that I am also grateful.

Happy Independence Day. Hope you all enjoyed the fireworks.


No comments:

Post a Comment