Monday, December 28, 2015

新竹!

December 20, 2015

Merry Christmas to you all! Except my family, I'll be wishing you a Merry Christmas on Friday! :-)

For P-day last week, we made it over to Neihu to play around a little bit. Our man Ernie took us out to play around again, even with his gnarly cold he had going that day.. He's so dang good to us. We made it up onto a mountain that was 100 percent covered in clouds. It was spooky walking around the streets, being completely unable to see even 20 feet in front on you. There's probably a good reason why Chinese people are known to be superstitious...

Life in the clouds

I ate some Chinese noodle soup with oysters and pig intestines in it. Whoever wants to hit me up here in Taipei anytime soon can come try some with me! hehe

Elder Dong and I had one goal for the week, enjoy every last second we had together in our beautiful area. Everyday was so good. I will forever look back on that period of time as one of the greatest in my life. It's a really rare thing to be able to say that your best friend is from halfway across the world from you and speaks a completely different language than you do. It's a beautiful thing honestly. I am so grateful for the friendships I have made on my mission. They are lifetimers. Elder Dong and I are brothers.

Good Old Taipei

So you can imagine how sad I was to find out I was leaving my favorite area and my favorite companion. It hurt a lot.

I miss that kid so much

This was scary standing here, it was over a year ago that I was last there


I moved to XinZhu with Elder Gray! Down a little further on the west coast. When you look closely on a clear day, you can see China! 

Kidding, that's a lie.

But I am truly moved by the people here. I can tell I will make some awesome friends here as well. Everyone is sooooo good to us. I've had such a warm reception already.

I am really looking forward to the experiences I will have here in my new area. Having the privilege of being a zone leader makes it a bit more fun as well. Fun times ahead.

And skype in 5 days!! 

Love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment